Berthoud Furnace Repair
Quick & Dependable 24-Hour Heating Service in Northern Colorado
A broken furnace is a serious problem. With snow and freezing temperatures being normal for large stretches in Northern Colorado each winter, even a single night without a working furnace can be a serious disaster.
At Ideal Comfort, we’re prepared to help you with all of your heating problems. Whether you have a minor and routine issue or a major problem that requires extensive knowledge and skill, you can trust our team to provide you with the finest furnace repair in Berthoud, CO. We treat your home the way you demand, meaning with urgency, care, and attention to detail.
Give us a call right away if you experience any of the following problems with your furnace:
- Strange sounds or odors
- Failure to turn on
- Gas smells
- Inconsistent temperatures
- Lack of heat
Why Is Your Furnace Making Strange Noises?
While it is normal for a furnace to make some noise when it is operating there are some noises that are caused by problems. Knowing the difference between the normal and strange sounds generated by your furnace is very important. If you've noticed your furnace making loud and unusual sounds, there's probably some type of issue with the unit.
Some Strange Noises & What They Mean:
- Scraping - A scraping noise tend to indicate problems with the blower wheel. The scrape itself is caused by metal rubbing against metal. If left alone it can cause extreme wear and tear on your furnace's internal systems.
- Squealing - Squealing, or screeching, can be caused by an issue with the blower motor. Typically these squealing sounds are the result of either a broken belt within the motor or the motor bearings drying out. If the components have dried out applying lubricant will help resolve the problem. If there is a broken belt, be sure to call a professional for belt replacement.
- Banging - Some banging is common with furnaces. Bangs and pops only become a problem when they become unusually loud or frequent. A normal bang occurs because the ductwork expands and contracts. When these become frequent and loud it may be due to a faulty heat exchanger which could compromise the safety of your home.
- Whistling - Similar to squealing, whistling is caused by the blower motor. People usually hear whistling when there are low airflow problems. If your furnace begins to make a high-pitched whistle consider changing your air filter or opening vents to resolve the problem.
- Clicking - When a furnace starts up it may click. That click is caused by the ignition system within the furnace. This is a common sound to hear. If the clicking is constantly being repeated, that usually means there is a problem with your furnace's ignition system.
If you hear these sounds or any others, don't hesitate to reach out to a professional for assistance. The team of furnace repair experts at Ideal Comfort are trained and experienced to deal with any of the problems that would generate these sounds.
Be sure to call us at (970) 238-3788 today to speak to our Berthoud Furnace Repair team!
“Extremely responsive.”- Anthony O.
“Ideal Comfort was awesome, they were able to fit us in on very short notice over the holidays. They were punctual, fixed what needed to be fixed and were very friendly.”- Paula S.
“Amazing service. Can't recommend them strongly enough.”- Debi B.
A faulty furnace is an issue that should be treated with the utmost urgency and attention. Within hours, a home that was once comfortable and warm can feel drafty and frigid. Even a single night without a source of heat can be dangerous to your health and result in damage to your home or your possessions. That’s why Ideal Comfort offers 24-hour emergency service availability. Give us a call at any time, day or night, and we’ll come to you to solve the issue right away.
We Replace Burned-Out Furnaces!
Has your furnace fallen apart beyond repair? If a repair isn’t practical, Ideal Comfort also offers reliable and lasting furnace replacement in Berthoud, CO, and nearby areas. Utilizing the finest new furnace equipment available on the market, we perfectly match every new system to the home we install it in for maximum efficiency, unmatched value, and unwavering reliability for years to come. We even offer furnace maintenance services to help you preserve and protect your new equipment as well!